CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
At whY-us? we’re often asked… “will you help us to get new customers please?”
Of course we will, it’s what we do.
However what is your strategy towards managing, maintanence and retention of your existing customer database? These are the businesses or individuals that have already purchased from you, trust you, will refer you to others, have confidence in your product, service and hopefully, your business and employees as a whole.
So we look at and we develop a strategy for both the immediate new client / customer wins and also the growth of your business and customer base retention, to reduce the potential of having the same problem in 6, 12 or 36 months time.
Which CRM software to choose?
There are thousands of software programmes to choose from including the most basic Excel, through to entry level systems, cloud based programmes and bespoke, developer built solutions.
Here is an examples of some of the brands you may have heard of:
Act, Salesforce, InfusionSoft, Microsoft Dynamics, SugarCRM, Zoho, Oracle, Insightly, Sage CRM, ZenDesk
Typical examples of hidden problems / issues that never get tackled
- You think, you know or you fear staff are stealing your data from easy access of spreadsheets via email, Dropbox sharing, Google Drive access, Smart Phones, USB Pens etc.
- Staff come and go with alarmingly regularity and take vital client knowledge with them.
- Your customers buying teams regularly change roles or leave their positions, breaking up your relationship flow and communication channels.
- Sales people go on holiday or off sick with all notes/verbal agreements in personal notebooks, so other people and departments can’t answer questions or complaints.
- Staff don’t know how to use software, so they are not interested and don’t bother. It’s communication melt down, amateurish and embarrassing reasons for not being able to answer questions and you look stupid.
- No real time knowledge of sales funnels and prospective work values; all guesswork as there is no place to monitor information.
- Promised call backs missed as no appointment scheduling in place.
- It’s a Digital world – communication arrives/sent via mobiles, we all have multiple email addresses, Whats’ App, private Facebook / LinkedIn messages and key information is lost.
- You don’t know which CRM software to use as you can’t place a value on it, budget for it or choose the best one for your business.
- You have off-site workers that create data security issues or use as an excuse not to communicate and forget to update information.
CRM means Customer Relationship Management.
What is your CRM strategy and programme?
CRM is not just about answering customer service phone calls, emails, tweets and letters and it’s not just about collecting customer clients details or data for the sake of it.
Do you store information but never do anything with it?
A bespoke CRM system and strategy should be built into all businesses and processes in order to (at the very least):
- Maintain relationships with both your customers and prospects and engage with them both at the point of negotiation / sales and at strategic times throughout the year.
- Instill a discipline within the business, to ensure that all employees understand why CRM is important and how they can support sustainable business growth for the benefit of the business, employees, customers and suppliers.
- Take information from your CRM database and use it to understand your sales, services, product mix, trends and repeat sales; identify seasonal trends and performances in order to maximise any opportunity to make positive change.
- Appreciate the information you are recording is going to be required and relied upon from many departments within your business, not just in the initial Sale… you can’t run a CRM system on scraps of paper and notes!
whY-us? will work with you to develop a bespoke CRM Strategy
We will support you to develop a programme by looking at the existing information and marketing tools you have to hand. Then we develop the information and resources needed, in order to maintain regular contact with the right customers and stakeholders.
You may think you can do that already, but the problem you have is time restraints, resource issues, badly formed databases with little structure, irrelevant content, missing information and duplicates that we know you will not want to sort yourself. You are probably also too entrenched in your business and not looking at the bigger picture. With an independent eye from whY-us? , we’ll see things and create ideas you had never previously thought of.
If you would like to know more about how whY-us? can support your business through Marketing and Business Coaching strategies, get in touch via email or phone and we would be happy to listen to your current business situation and support you to develop and embrace change.
whY-us? also specialise in Social Media for Business. To book your 1:1 training session on using Social Media for Business, click here and we will introduce you to concept, advantages, disadvantages, tips and tricks to understands the value of LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook for businesses.
Written By: Richard Singleton